If you run a small or medium-sized firm in India, you’ve probably heard of the term EDP, which stands for Entrepreneurship Development Program. These skill development classes are designed to help people improve their entrepreneurial skills so they can operate their businesses more effectively. This curriculum is valuable to both students and professionals because it helps to build the skills needed to manage a successful business. You might wonder why professionals need business management skills when they already have them. An individual’s entrepreneurial talents may require more refining and nurturing at times. As a result, such skill development programmes are ideal for anyone who wants to master business management.
The government has created many Entrepreneurship Development Programs to inspire people to do well in their entrepreneurial journeys and propel their businesses ahead to success. Individuals in such programmes receive systematic training to understand business demands and respond accordingly. Today’s topic is about government programmes designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises prosper.
Many enterprise development and vocational programmes are run by the (DC) MSME office. Several various authorities, such as government departments, ministries, and so on, undertake vocational training. Additionally, the office is primarily responsible for entrepreneurial development.
Here is the list
Industrial Motivation Campaigns
|1.||Agency||These programmes are conducted by MSME- DIs, Ministry of MSME|
|2.||Duration||One or two days.|
|3.||Minimum intake capacity||No limit|
|4.||Training fee||No Fee|
|6.||Age||18 Years and above|
|7.||Qualification||As decided by the Director of the institute|
|8.||Honorarium to guest speakers||Rs.500/-for a session of 1hour and 30 minutes.|
This campaign is conducted and organized to identify and motivate the traditional and non-traditional entrepreneurs who have the potential of setting up a small-micro enterprise. The programs are led by the MSME-DIs and are only one day long. They are the best fit for people who are 18 years or above and can prove themselves as entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDPs)
|1||Agency||These training programmes are conducted by Ministry of MSME-DIs.|
|3||Minimum intake capacity||20|
|4||Training fee (Minimum)||(1) Rs.100/-for general candidates .|
(2) No fees for SC / ST and 50% fee from women and Physically Handicapped.
|6.||Age||18 Years and above.|
|7.||Qualification||As decided by the Director of the institute.|
|8.||Honorarium to guest speakers||Rs.500/-for a session of 1hour and 30 minutes .|
These are comprehensive skill development programs held to nurture youth talent by giving them insights into various aspects of industrial activities. The course content provides insights on different stages of a business that include the manufacturing practices involved, product/process design, quality control and testing, marketing techniques, and several other aspects that help them drive their business forward. The program is again held by the MSME-DIs and is usually two weeks long.
Entrepreneurship Skill Development Program
These skill development programs are held to upgrade the skills of prospective entrepreneurs, the existing workforce, etc. The primary objective behind this program is to provide training that would boost their abilities and, at the same time, equip them with technological skills that help in the production process.
This program makes robust efforts to train as many individuals as possible on extensive business opportunities to work efficiently and flexibly in various domains. MSME-DIs conduct this program and is held for six weeks. People 18 years of age and above can join this program and get their skills nurtured.
Aims and objectives :-
- (a) To make aware/train entrepreneurial culture among people.
- (b) To motivate young persons (Men and Women) representing different sections of society, including SC, ST, Women and Physically Handicapped, Ex-Servicemen and BPL persons, to consider entrepreneurship or self-employment as one of the career options.
- (c) To enable the target group to think and act in an entrepreneurial way by imparting technical and business skills at an early stage in their career, so that it not only encourages them to consider entrepreneurship as a career opportunity but also helps them become successful in any profession.
- (d) To provide basic entrepreneurship training aimed at helping entrepreneurs to put their ideas into action, bring an attitudinal & behavioral change in the target group and build their personal entrepreneurial skills.
- (e) To provide advance entrepreneurship and advance management training aimed at helping entrepreneurs by providing high end / advance training in the domain of e- commerce, BPO, Soft Ware, Biotech, Modern Agricultural & Animal Husbandry and processing, Drug Discovery, Genomics, Tech. acquisition from premier lab like BARC/CSIR/DRDO, etc. with the help of premier institutes such as IIMs/IITs/ICAR/CSIR/NIT/Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs), post harvesting and Food Processing institutes, Engineering Institutes, etc.
- (f) To develop technical and vocational skills or upgrade existing skills of the target group.
- (g) To support the establishment of new MSMEs and enhance growth of existing ones which will result in improved productivity and job creation. The Implementing Agencies (IAs) will be entrusted with the task of Udyam Registration of ESDP beneficiaries.
- (h) To support MBA/Engineering students by providing opportunity for Vocational Training and in depth study and outcome of a few typical ESDP programmes conducted, preparing a compendium of available technology with premier lab for dissemination of technology, etc. to MSMEs. Besides, they will be assigned other work which will be an opportunity to work in the Govt. setup. The hired students will be provided with experience certificate and stipend.
Management Development Programs
These programmes are also called “OUT-reach Programmes” as they are conducted in rural / less developed areas.
|1.||Agency||These programmes are conducted by MSME-DIs of Ministry .|
|3.||Minimum intake||20 nos. in each Programme|
|5.||Age||18 Years and above.|
|6.||Qualification||As decided by the Director of the institute.|
|7.||Honorarium to guest speakers||Rs.500/-for a session of 1hour and 30 minutes .|
|8.||Training fee(Minimum).||Rs.200/- for general candidates, 50% fee from women and Physically handicapped and no fees for SC / ST.|
The objective behind launching this program was to impart training on modern management practice systems and enhance an individual’s decision-making capability. In this program, inputs on a wide variety of topics of managerial functions are provided by the experts for the participants to understand how things work in the entrepreneurship world.
The training is designed to keep the new demands of the spectrum in mind to make sure individuals are imparted with all the required knowledge. MSME-DIs conduct such programs in two different ways, full-time and part-time. When you opt for a full-time program, you will have to give one week, and two weeks is required for a part-time course.
Women Entrepreneurship Development Programme
The government started this program and is now conducted at Jaisalmer. As the name suggests, the program is specially conducted for aspiring women entrepreneurs. That said, all prospective women entrepreneurs can choose to undergo this program and do something big.
The program imparts business knowledge right from scratch to help women start everything independently. MSME-DSIs conduct this program to help budding women entrepreneurs in their journey of becoming successful ones. This skill development program is almost six weeks long, so every aspect is effectively taught.